I am experienced in planning, building and maintaining networks. I’ll also apply my knowledge to debug network setups if needed. This includes in particular, but not solely:
- Cabling (Copper and Fiber)
- Concepts (Working of all the procedures in the context of the OSI resp. TCP/IP model)
- Architecture of networks in different sizes (starting from home networks to MANs)
- Ethernet, VLANs, VRRP, STP
- IPv4, IPv6
- Routing (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, VRFs)
- WLAN (Coverage, WPA Enterprise)
A network isn’t usefull without the accompanying services. I am implementing and maintaining these services mostly on basis of Linux systems. Some of my experiences in this field are:
- Installation and maintanance of Linux, especially Debian
- PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite
- If needed I can develop software, e.g. for an easy management of this services.
Among the vendors of network equipment I am specifically familiar with Alcatel Lucent Enterprise, Aruba/HP Enterprise (Procurve and former Comware) as well as Fortinet. I have already used Cisco and Juniper devices too.
May I support your projects with my knowledge? I’d be glad to be hearing from you: firstname.lastname@example.org